Sunday, October 5, 2008

The one where I TOTALLY OVERBOOKED MYSELF

Yes, YES...I PROMISED a week of consecutive posts. But then? Then the phone started ringing, and I kept taking cake orders and didn't seem to know when ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH.

So I've had roughly 8 hours of sleep - since THURSDAY - and all I've been doing for five days straight is baking, decorating, delivering, breathing, and dreaming CAKE. Well, that and watching the entire first season of Family Ties episodes on my new favorite website while I worked (during which I discovered that Garrett IS Alex P. Keaton - although I may disown him if he turns into a Rebublican).

So here's the proof - the cakes from JUST THIS WEEK.

(And after that, I plan to finish the blogging I started last week, and I also plan to NOT ANSWER THE PHONE. Again. Ever.)



(Tank cake for a paintball birthday party - hence the "splatters")

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are awesome! You are forgiven for not blogging. :)

SJINCO said...

Totally awesome! I love them all. And dang it if I didn't wish you lived closer! I would so get you to make cakes for me from now until ..... forever!

Anonymous said...

I love them ALL!

Anonymous said...

Okay fine. You're off the hook. This time.

(And, duh... your cakes are unbelievable!!! Do you do the drawings freehand?)

Erica said...

Did you seriously do two wedding cakes on top of all those other awesome cakes? Are you crazy? Don't answer that. The cakes are beautiful as always. I can see Garrett as Alex. He will probably be a republican just to drive you insane! Ha ha.

Erica said...

You should try hulu.com they have awesome shows too!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the flip flop cake. Holy crap, I want a shoe cake for my birthday!!

You do an amazing job :)

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I'm finally catching up with you! Love all the cakes! Gah, you have such talent!!

Ok, so, Garrett. Hmmm, I am thinking that's how my youngest is going to act. Hell, she really already does, except she's too young to tell you that what someone else does is wrong, but she's very headstrong and outspoken and very my way or the highway.

Write down what works with Garrett and save it for me please!

CPA Mom said...

Good.God. I cannot believe you did that many cakes in one freaking week. You are AWESOME!!

~ April ~ EnchantedDandelions said...

HOLY MOLY, WOMAN! *bows down to the cake-making queen*

I'll forgive you for not meeting your blogging goals, but only if you promise to take tomorrow off and catch up on sleep, dear!

~ April ~ EnchantedDandelions said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Whoa - that's a lot of cakes. You're going to need employees with weeks like that. Maybe you could find a cake intern that will work for free to learn from the master! They all look amazing. When you post more than one cake picture, I like to imagine which one I would most like to eat...and this time I couldn't decide. Cake overload - I want them all!

Lynanne said...

I'm in awe...whoa! Beautiful!

Lost A Sock said...

You baked all of those THIS WEEK? Holy cripes.

Please promise that you'll bake me a Forty Sucks cake ten years from now and mail it to me. That is too cool!!

Emma in Canada said...

Wow. That's all...wow.


I am so going to have check out that site...I love Family Ties. I do watch it on some Christian channel here, along with Facts of Life.

Anonymous said...

If only you could make Kara's first birthday cake! These are awesome. The Mario one is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhmazing! But, never do that to yourself again, please (why do I even bother?)! Um, Garrett is TOTALLY Alex P Keeton! WOW!

Cole Twins said...

HI: I am a friend of LOST A SOCK ~

Good Gravy WOMAN! How awesome are they!

You are a SUPER mom!
Kuddos to you!

Everyday Superhero said...

Right. So. This Christmas I decided to decorate the gingerbread cookies. It took me three days to do the Christmas trees. Three. There was icing and drying and icing and drying and repeat.

You are AMAZING. Holy Hell. I bow to you and your cakes.