Monday, July 21, 2008

Taking a break is always a good first step

So this week's cake-making is starting off with a bang! I sent the kids to the babysitter today and spent the day out of town helping a very pregnant teacher friend get her kindergarten classroom ready. I was back to pick up the kiddos by 5:30, and we had to head to Walmart.

I usually make the weekly Walmart run on Sundays, sans children, as I have to buy groceries for home PLUS the week's cake supplies, but we had a busy weekend so it had to wait until tonight. And it was tortuous, as usual, and there was no husband home when we were unloading in 90 degree heat at 8:00 tonight. I HATE shopping day.

Here's what a week's worth of baking supplies looks like in my pantry:



I'm wiped out, and haven't showered in WAY TOO MANY DAYS, so I think that'll be all the cake related work I'll do today.

I shall begin with a much needed break. Er, procrastination party. Whatev.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back! I'm still out here, and I'm excited to read your new posts!

Lost A Sock said...

Too funny, you are.

Anonymous said...

I have the *same* mixer! :) So glad you are back.

Patiently waiting said...

Hmmm, I haven't tried Ben & Jerry's Phish Food; I'll have to get some of that. :-)

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Ooooh, I heart Phish Food!!! Looks like a very productive break to me!

Anonymous said...

Your cakes are incredible - I can't wait to see some pics of what you've been working on this summer. Obviously, Garrett gets his artistic flare from you. Mmmmmm, Mojito, so refreshing!

debi said...

This is why I love you. Two posts in a row? SHIT! I love it.