Sunday, July 20, 2008

Spongemom Lives!



Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still here! I was looking at how long it had been since I'd touched this blog, and I realized that the last time I posted, Delaney had just figured out how to crawl.


So if you've been wondering where the hell I went to THIS time, it sure wasn't on a relaxing vacation - I've just been staying busy digging things out of my baby's mouth approximately ninety-six-billion times a day. I knew I had a long road ahead of me the day I squeezed her cheeks to see what was in her drooly little mouth and a Lego popped out. Good times!
Delaney will be one in less than a month. That is definitely a post for another day - the fact that I got all panicky and weepy just trying to pick out her party supplies should tell you a little something about how I'm handling it.


It's also wedding cake season, so saying that I've been busy with cakes would be the understatement of the year.
I'm feeling totally overwhelmed lately - what's new, right? I've really been in an all around slump lately, and I'm sick with myself for neglecting my writing, so to get myself back in the swing of blogging, I think I'll document this week's cake week. Maybe making myself get back into writing everyday will make me feel better. I've missed you guys - hope you're still out there.

6 comments:

debi said...

Oh Stacey you know you'll never get rid of me. I check you every other day.The kids are so cute. Delaney one already? No way. I sure wish I lived near you. I need some cakes pretty soon. I don't think I will ever get good at decorating. Hope you perk up. I missed you.

Anonymous said...

I'm still here! I can't wait to see some of the cakes! :)

kristi said...

Glad to see you back!

Anonymous said...

Still here! :) Kids are still adorable!

Patiently waiting said...

I'm still here too! I can't believe that Delaney is almost a year old! Amazing how time flies. I'm looking forward to the cake posts :-)

Anonymous said...

you'll never get rid of me either! I love ya girl!
Lucy