Thursday, August 7, 2008

Channeling Molly

After the last few weeks (months?) of crazy cake weeks, the workload has slowed to nearly a stop. But, OH, how I needed a break! I've only got two orders to finish this week. Well, three if you count the three-tier-multi-colored-with-a-bow-on-top cake I designed for MAH BAY-BEE'S FIRST BIRTHDAY.

I know. Holy crap, right? Did it go as quick for you as it did for me? Big teary post on that later, most likely to be combined with the MAH FIRST BAY-BEE IS HEADED TO KINDERGARTEN IN SEVEN DAYS post.

It is a time of transitions here in the Spongemom household, and Spongemom? Maybe not handling it all so well.

Because around here, there is no time like TWO DAYS before the First Birthday Party to strip wallpaper! And patch holes! And sand walls! And paint! And put up a wallpaper border! I'm freakin' crazy!

Honestly though, if my husband were not such a damn stickler for details, I'd probably skip the whole patching / sanding thing. And I'd probably also do things like paint around outlet covers instead of actually removing them. And maybe even just leave the furniture where it is and paint around it. So, um, it's probably a good thing that the husband is here to control me.

Molly, where ARE you when I NEED you? I HATE painting almost more than I hate Walmart. And that's a lot.

5 comments:

SJINCO said...

Wow, a year old ALREADY!? It just doesn't seem possible....

And my son is starting kindergarden in 11 days. WaaaahhhhH!

Good luck with the home improvements, and when you are done with Molly - send her my way!

Lost A Sock said...

Ha!! Nothing like days before a party to take on the world. I have to admit that I too have been known to paint around an outlet in a pinch (read: seven months pregnant days before a party) though Kevin wouldn't notice if I missed an entire WALL, let alone beneath an outlet cover.

Also, I can't believe Delaney is going to be a YEAR old!! Where did THAT time go?? I do hope Marin stays small forever, but the probability is not.

We're riding the kindergarten train together friend, and oh boy do I get where you're coming from.

Erica said...

You are CRAZY! Garrett is going to love his teacher. And Wah! I can't believe Delaney is a year old. I missed out on all the fun squishy baby stuff. When is her party?

Anonymous said...

Can we please see a picture of Delaney's birthday cake? It sounds so cute. Have fun painting!

Jean 2 said...

You AMAZE me Stacey!!!!
Always!
I finally got caught up on your blog!
Check the latest post about the trip to Boston Jean 1 and I took. A mini scrapbook on the blog. This should take you 2 minutes. I know you might need to shower instead-but change your plans NOW! :)
I cannot believe that precious baby of yours will be a year old-however, I was getting ready to start school last year when I made the visit to you and your BAAAYBEE at the hospital! Unfortunately, it is that time of year again!
Good times!
Cheer regionals tomorrow! Wish us luck!